Sim-Wolf Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life)

3 posters

Go down

Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life) Empty Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life)

Post  Sim-Wolf Tue 23 Sep 2008, 8:00 pm

This is an archived forum topic from the old Sim-Wolf Forum.

oliandadam
what can you do on the sims 2 apartment life? Please write back. Bye!

Sim-Wolf
You can...

Rent apartments. (Possibly own, and be a landlord?)
Become a Witch, good or evil. (New Create.)
There's a new neighbourhood, Belladonna Cove.
There's playgrounds, vending machines, Murphy Beds (folds in to the wall)
Ceilings
Spiral Stairs.
And much more.
I suggest you check out the Apartment Life page and some of the Fan-Event images.
Sim-Wolf
Sim-Wolf
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-09-16

http://www.freewebs.com/sim-wolf

Back to top Go down

Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life) Empty I got it! No not victory, the sims 2 apartment life!

Post  olimuckm Sun 12 Oct 2008, 7:58 pm

Yay! I have got the sims 2 apartment life, got to be the best sims 2 expansion ever! I like the new clothes, and thenew beiberhood. Havne you noticed a that there is a secret lot, even though you can wiew it in the neiberhood, its hard to get the screen to see the lot if you know what I mean. My faveroute object, I have 3, the murphy bed, the micraphone and the bending michine. The play ground is fun and helps Sams skills, I have moved the simth family to belladonna cove, reserected Andy and made Oliver and Drake friends, I'll tell you the rest later.

The only thing I don't like, is the magic why? because I don't know how to do it! If I knewq I am shure I would love it. Can you help me out please?

I am going to do some info on musical instruments that you van get on the sims 2, and which expansion packs they are from. The sims 2 apartment life will probebly be my last sims 2 pack, which means I won't be able to get the new mansion and garden stuff, which is a shame, because I like big houses and posh gardens. Crying or Very sad

have you read my other post, the one in the fansites thread?
olimuckm
olimuckm
Whispering Westie
Whispering Westie

Male
Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-18

http://www.freewebs.com/oliandadam

Back to top Go down

Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life) Empty Re: Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life)

Post  Sim-Wolf Sun 12 Oct 2008, 9:24 pm

olimuckm wrote:Yay! I have got the sims 2 apartment life, got to be the best sims 2 expansion ever! I like the new clothes, and thenew beiberhood. Havne you noticed a that there is a secret lot, even though you can wiew it in the neiberhood, its hard to get the screen to see the lot if you know what I mean. My faveroute object, I have 3, the murphy bed, the micraphone and the bending michine. The play ground is fun and helps Sams skills, I have moved the simth family to belladonna cove, reserected Andy and made Oliver and Drake friends, I'll tell you the rest later.

The only thing I don't like, is the magic why? because I don't know how to do it! If I knewq I am shure I would love it. Can you help me out please?

I am going to do some info on musical instruments that you van get on the sims 2, and which expansion packs they are from. The sims 2 apartment life will probebly be my last sims 2 pack, which means I won't be able to get the new mansion and garden stuff, which is a shame, because I like big houses and posh gardens. Crying or Very sad

have you read my other post, the one in the fansites thread?

Cool. How did you move your families? Did you put them in the Lots and Houses Bin and then placed them in Belladonna? If so, that is a very bad way to do it and you have just ruined both neighbourhoods. Sad

What is the bending machine? I think my favourite objects are... Well I don't know actually. lol. I am already used to them all.

I love the Magic feature! First of all you need your Sim to become a witch. Have a Teen or older Sim visit a community lot and after a while a witch will appear. Either evil or good. After making friends with the witch you can request them to show your Sim the Path or Darkness or the Way of the Light depending on the witch's alignment. That will then turn your Sim into a witch. They will get a cauldron and spellbook in their inventory. Place them somewhere back at their house and study good or evil alignment with the spell book to boost your magic skill unlocking new spells. To cast spells you will need the required regeants. Buy them from the grand witch or brew them in the cauldron. I made a list of all spells and the requirements for Sim-Wolf Encyclopedia as well as what all the spell names mean. I haven't finished the whole page, but the spells are all there. Smile

http://freewebs.com/sim-wolfencyclopedia/magic.htm

If you need more help just say. But you should read it carefully. You should also consider buying the Apartment Life Prima Guide from a game store if you need help with all the game. I have all Prima Guides for The Sims 2.
Sim-Wolf
Sim-Wolf
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life) Empty Re: Archive: What can you do (oliandadam). (Apartment Life)

Post  olimuckm Sun 12 Oct 2008, 9:39 pm

Well actully I made another duplicite family. Oh! At first I was going to get the guide, but I wasn't in the shops so in the end I ended up getting the game intself. Wink Oh and just wonering, how would I ruin both neiberhoods if I did the lots thing with the smith family. To be honest, I think its silly, how you can't move a family directly into a different neiberhood. And I also ment the vending michine. Sorry.
olimuckm
olimuckm
Whispering Westie
Whispering Westie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim-Wolf Sun 12 Oct 2008, 9:50 pm

olimuckm wrote:Well actully I made another duplicite family. Oh! At first I was going to get the guide, but I wasn't in the shops so in the end I ended up getting the game intself. Wink Oh and just wonering, how would I ruin both neiberhoods if I did the lots thing with the smith family. To be honest, I think its silly, how you can't move a family directly into a different neiberhood. And I also ment the vending michine. Sorry.
How would it wreck both your hoods?

Have you never been on any other Sims forum? lol.

It's hard to explain but...

When you move houses this way with Sims living inside them, anybody they know in the neighbourhood will be transferred along with them, but not really. A whole new character file is created in the new hood for every Sim your Sims knew and the only reason for them is so that there is a thumbnail in the memories of meeting the Sim, etc. But it still takes up the same amount of room. Too many character files can ruin the neighbourhood so its not a good idea. Also if you move more than one house, if say "John" lived in "House 1" and "Sally" lived in "House 2". If they were brother and sister, they had a long family tree, and they both knew the same Sims. They would lose their relationship with each other, but John will still appear in Sally's family tree, but it is a different John. The same thing happens with the playable John to Sally. In fact, John and Sally could now even have children together. And all the Sims in their family trees and everyone they knew will be duplicated twice in the new hood. All those character files end up wrecking the neighbourhood! And you are also left with one messed up neighbourhood. Brother and Sister who aren't really anymore but still appear in the family trees and can have children together. Just wrong. And as it is a different John and Sally thay appear in the family trees. If Sally was to have a child with another Sim for example. The child won't appear in the real John's family tree. Sally won't grow old in John's family tree even though she has just grown up into an Elder! ARGH! It's too complicated to explain, but I did it to my custom hood once. I had a couple of generations living in all different houses. I moved them all over to Pleasantview and BOOM! I'd messed up my game and had to start from the beginning. Sad

So yeah. You have treaded in deep waters I'm afraid. Sad
Sim-Wolf
Sim-Wolf
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  olimuckm Sun 12 Oct 2008, 9:55 pm

If I delete a family will the charecter files be deleted too? I am adding the siims 2 apartment life onto my website soon.
olimuckm
olimuckm
Whispering Westie
Whispering Westie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim-Wolf Sun 12 Oct 2008, 9:56 pm

olimuckm wrote:If I delete a family will the charecter files be deleted too?

Unfortunately not. Sad

The Sims are deleted. But a character file still exists for memories, etc. If you use boolProp and Right-Click the mailbox and select "Make me know everyone". You will find all the Sims you've ever deleted, as well as NPCs and all Sims who have a character file.
Sim-Wolf
Sim-Wolf
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Stella Sun 19 Oct 2008, 4:18 pm

I did not know that... affraid

~Jena cat
Stella
Stella
Stuttering Sheepdog
Stuttering Sheepdog

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  olimuckm Sun 19 Oct 2008, 4:39 pm

Neither did I, but hopefully in the sims 3, we won't have that problem.
olimuckm
olimuckm
Whispering Westie
Whispering Westie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Stella Sun 19 Oct 2008, 7:45 pm

That's what I was thinking.

~Jena
cat
Stella
Stella
Stuttering Sheepdog
Stuttering Sheepdog

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  olimuckm Sun 19 Oct 2008, 10:56 pm

Yeh. Though I must say, the sims 2 apartment life is really good, have you got it? Its my favourite expansion, hve any of you lot got a favourite expansion? Or at least stuff pack.
olimuckm
olimuckm
Whispering Westie
Whispering Westie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Stella Tue 21 Oct 2008, 12:11 am

I own all of the expansions, but my favorite is Seasons. I'd always wanted weather and it turned out better than I had expected. Very Happy

~Jena cat
Stella
Stella
Stuttering Sheepdog
Stuttering Sheepdog

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down