Sim-Wolf Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Empty Re:

Post  Sim-Wolf Mon 15 Jun 2009, 6:15 pm

Drover wrote:The Sims worked fine on my Ei Machine with Win XP. Now with a new one running Vista i have managed to load the first Sim disk but efforts to load expansion disks(8 I think ) my Epson scanner screen comes up. I tried detaching the scanner but the I get a stupid comment that I must connect it. Thus i can not load the expansions from the disk "Start", direct from the "E" Disk or by the old "Setup.exe".
THe patch which allegendly alows Vista ti run Win X programs does not respond
Any bright ideas to this forum or richard541@ntlworls.com will be appreciated
Wow. I wouldn't know where to begin.

All I can think of is you could try reinstalling the original disk and installing the expansion packs after that? Maybe there was a problem with the first installation. Also be sure to install the Expansion Packs in the right order. Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic.

But like I said, that's all I can think of and I'm not very experienced with Vista as my PC still uses XP. Perhaps The Sims is too old for your PC to run it? Sometimes that happens. I'm not sure. I'd suggest if my reinstalling idea doesn't work that you ask on a busy Sims forum as you might get better answers. Or you could try sending an email to EA for support?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_li=&p_sid=NgCOBqAj&p_sp=&p_faqid=0&p_iid=0&p_created=&p_prod=&p_cat=&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=&p_cats=&prod_lvl1=&prod_lvl2=&prod_lvl3=&cat_lvl1=&cat_lvl2=&cat_lvl3=&p_hidden_prods=&p_search_text=&p_new_search=&p_accessibility=&p_page=&p_lva=&nextlink=

Try logging into that website with your EA username and password. Then click the "Email Us" link and select your platform, game, etc. and type your message with your issue. Good luck with trying to solve the problem.
Sim-Wolf
Sim-Wolf
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-09-16

http://www.freewebs.com/sim-wolf

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum